Friday, June 22, 2012

CATCHING UP

Boy, have we been busy. A few days before Emma's graduation I began having pains in my leg. It got to the point where I could only walk if I could find somebody with a pain pill. I took a pain pill and made it to Emma's graduation and then John and I took off to Birmingham to see Dr. Bramlett. Dr. Bramlett operated on my leg/hip 20 months ago. He told me it was a pinched nerve in my back and I had an inflamed sciatic nerve. Medicine....medicine...medicine....a inversion board.....rest.. and I am some better but still not back to normal and some days it is still bad. We are giving it until August before we do anything else. It seems like my life is flying past me while I hobble around.
I had big plans for John's 60th birthday........you know the saying....best laid plans....oh, well. Picture this.....we were going to a ranch that was inside the National Park at the Grand Canyon. We were going to sleep in a covered wagon....well, at least one of the nights...and we were going to ride 4 wheelers to the edge of the canyon on the morning of his birthday and toast his 60th year..... Needless to say, Hop A Long Joy could not have done those things. I was feeling better and still had lots of pain medicine.....so, we did head up to The Smoky Mountains to celebrate and I only had one embarrassing leg moment and luckily not many people were around....but we were together and that is what counts.
Josh could not be home the weekend of John's birthday so we celebrated his momentous birthday the next weekend.
Miss Lilypie stayed with us this week. What a fun,tiring, happy time!
So....now I am going to try to catch up on the blog!
HERE GOES
 
hit OLDER POSTS to see the last post

No comments: