Sunday, September 27, 2009
Today was another rainy day and I thought I would write a post to keep for a day when it was needed. Law eating the scupadines Friday made me remember these pictures that I took back in August.
I can't believe that I am about to tell this but luckily
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
* I remember picking up the phone and calling Cathy to tell her to turn the tv on in her office because something was happening in New York.
* I remember just about the time she got her tv on in her office that a plane flew into a building
* I remember us telling each other, in that strained I want to cry voice, that something was wrong
* I remember thinking about Courtney, who was to fly home that day from North Carolina
* I remembered that she had called earlier to tell me she had just got the call that her new job was New York City!
* I remember watching the people running away from the Twin Towers
* I remember that Courtney could not get home because the airports were closed
* I remember Courtney calling and saying that all the rental cars were gone
* I remember crying
* I remember Courtney called to tell me that several of the Stockamp people had rented a U-Haul truck to get home.
* I remember those towers falling!
* I remember praying
* I remember that Alabama did not play football that Saturday.....and I didn't care
* I remember Brady and Kim walking into church that Sunday morning with, 7 month old, Emma. Emma was holding a flag that they had gotten at a memorial service in Tuscaloosa and she would not put it down.
* I remember, hearing sobs, as I sat on my bench in church. I looked to see who it was.....it was Courtney seeing Brady for the first time since it had happened.
* I remember Courtney flying out of Birmingham on the first flight to New York City after 9-11
* I remember the first Alabama ballgame after 9-11. Both teams walked out in silence and stood on the sidelines with their helmet under their arms.
* I remember Cathy and I sobbing as we sang the National Anthem
* There are many more things that I remember
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Written on a scrap corner of our church bulletin. A dear friend passed this to me one Sunday during church, about 3 years ago, during a very sad time in my life. It still makes me smile.
Abby's thank you for her birthday present