Monday, September 3, 2012

TEXTING

 
This post really isn't about texting......it is about when we didn't have texting.
Most kids now days have an iPhone by the 3rd or 4th grade or so says my Emma and Abby who have felt put out over the fact that they don't have a cell phone.......good for you, Brady and Kim.
I have been in a cleaning out mood for a couple of months. I have two outdoor storage buildings that you could barely walk through. I know how hard it is to clean out things that don't belong to you......as in when my Mom got sick, had to move in with us and John and I were left with her house and a basement full of THINGS. I don't want my kids to ever have to do what we had to do so......I am cleaning out. Among the things I am cleaning out are papers.....so many papers.....from school, etc. One thing I had forgotten was all the notes that my kids wrote and I am so glad I kept them....if for nothing more that the pleasure they are giving me right now.....and a laugh! Many of the papers are from elementary school but lots of the notes are from their teenage years.
As I was looking at the growing pile of notes that I will share on the blog over the next few weeks it dawned on me......
 
TEXTING will take the place of all these funny and sweet notes :(
 
 
I think I will keep this and not spend it!
 


No comments: