Thursday, November 5, 2009

invited me to join a bible verse memory group

November is the 2nd month of this new group

The verse for this month
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name"
Psalms 100:4

KTB also challenged us to write down one thing we were thankful for every day this month
What a great month to count our blessings

November 1 - I am thankful for my husband-John Brady-my high school sweetheart. We beat the odds.......37 years and we still love each other. He takes care of me, solves my problems, indulges my whims, makes me feel like the most important person around and he is my favorite person to just be quiet with.

November 2 - I am thankful for my children

Brady - He shares my sense of humor and loves to tell a story. He always has taken care of his brother and sister....solid and strong. I was young when Brady was born and we grew up together.

Courtney - I tried to raise Courtney to be a confident woman. She has always had a strong sense of right and wrong. Boy, did your Daddy want you to be a girl!

Josh - As Brady and Courtney love to look at each other and say....he's the baby you know! Josh has always known what he wanted out of life and gone after it. Your compassion shines

Kim - You love my son.....that's enough said but I won't stop...you are a great mother to my grandchildren.

David - You make Courtney so happy....again enough said but......what a great Daddy you are to Lawson

November 3 - I am thankful for my Grandchildren. Just writing that makes my eyes tear up. What an incredible love......Grandchildren....they are perfect in my eyes. Do I know that they aren't perfect...yes....but perfection is what I see when I look at them. An overwhelming love!
Emma.....Abby.....John Brady III.....Lawson.....I love you

November 4 - I am thankful for my friends. I can't imagine life without friends. I won't name them here. I am glad there are enough that I would be scared I might leave someone off. I will mention Cathy...my dear soulmate friend...how I miss you....but I am so thankful for every memory.

5 comments:

ChrisJean3 said...

Mrs. Joy..I can always count on you to make me cry!! :) I pray daily that I find that love like you and Mr. John have...I am trying to be patient...I know it's in His time, not mine, but boy, wouldn't I love to get started! Much love to you!!

courtney said...

Thanks mama. I love you. I'm so thankful for being part of a wonderful family.

crystal hollyhand said...

You were awarded! Check out my blog for details!

Kim Lawson said...

Sweet, sweet post! Thanks, MeMe!

Dave Long said...

Aww. That is very sweet. I am thankful for my in-laws. I am blessed to be able to call you all my family.