Monday, November 9, 2009

SWIM TIDE SWIM

LSU Weekend wasn't just Football
John Brady loves to swim. He came very close to
diving this summer at our pool. I think it is important to encourage children
in everything they are interested in. You never know when it could be
their calling in life or the thing they look forward to doing on the weekend.
The Alabama Swimming and Diving Team was having a meet last Friday.
They were competing against LSU.
So......we had a MeMe and John Brady afternoon.
John Brady really loved the high dive.
It was pretty amazing.
John Brady sat mesmerized for about an hour.
I thought that was pretty good for a 4 year old.
We had to walk a long way to our car.
All the parking lots were closed for RV's.
We stopped for a rest and JB3
spotted the Blimp above him.
His head stayed turned up to the sky for the rest of the walk.
As we were walking back to our car JB3 heard
the band practicing.
So....off we went to watch them practice.
JB3 loves music. I told him that he should learn to play the drums and
be in the Alabama Drum Line.


We ended our afternoon by going to
the Ferg and eating supper.
JB3 felt like he was a big little man around those college kids.
He really loved having his choice of lots of different food.
JB3 got pizza and I got Chick Fil-A.
JB3 ate mine and I ate his!
IT was a fun ALABAMA afternoon!

2 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

I am glad you took him to the meet. Thanks for taking him! He does love swimming, and I think he could easily develop a swimmer's body (you know how we've talked about his chest before). And, yes maam, he LOVES music. Always has been able to feel the beat of the music since he was only a year old.

Oh, and here's a funny. I took him to Target on Monday and he argued and argued that the Starbuck's in Target was the Ferg! He would not have it any other way. It does kind of look like it, so I let it be (it was tough, cause I don't give in easily--LOL).

kimberly t. bowling said...

Aw, what a sweet little outing for just the two of you...that's something special I bet he'll remember and talk about it for awhile. Fun in the small moments...that's what it's all about, right? And the drum line practice...we hear it several times a week when we are in town for Gymnastics training. I'll sometimes walk around that area of campus just to listen...I love the drums!