Wednesday, October 27, 2010

CRIMSON RUNS DEEP

I have TIVO in my bedroom
about three days ago
I was catching up on some recorded shows
as I was doing
the always fun
catching up on ironing
one of the shows that I had recorded
was
CSI NY

Skip back in time to
January
Pasadena, California
John and I
sitting in the stands at the
Rose Bowl
Alabama
playing for
the
2009 National Championship
Courtney Cox
an Alabama Alum
comes into the stands
with
the cast of
Cougar Town
along with a few
of her
Friends co stars
most of them were
wearing
Alabama Jerseys

Now
back to
October in
Sweet Home Alabama
and my TIVO
as I am ironing and watching CSI NY
a scene comes on where
the character played by Sela Ward
another ALABAMA alum
is asked what she does when she throws
a penny in a fountain
She replies
I wish for my children to be happy and safe
and for
ALABAMA to win another
BCS CHAMPIONSHIP
I did a double take and rewound
and yes there it was
ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE runs deep and long and far

#14

No comments: