Sunday, August 26, 2012

 
 
Welcome Home, Krispy Kreme
Krispy Kreme reopened Tuesday. As soon as we had Emma picked up we headed to Krispy Kreme. I was determined that Emma, Abby and JB3 would have a memory of going to get doughnuts the day they reopened. So, we had to park about a block away, we stood in line about 40 minutes ( not to bad ) and got a dozen doughnuts. The kids each picked 2 of their favs and I picked 2 and then we just got glazed to finish the dozen. We each got some cold milk and sat down to eat our doughnuts. JB3 talked me into 3 doughnuts.....that boy is bottomless.
I told the kids as we stood in line......someday you will come in here with your kids and I want you to tell them about the tornado and coming to get a doughnut on the day it reopened.
The kids were so impressed with the cheers...
you say Krispy
I'll say Kreme
and the always fav of our family
you say ALA
I'll say BAMA

and yes, I did get teary eyed as we stood in line inside the store and I did say a prayer of thanks for my family being safe during the tornado!

waiting in line




 
doesn't this make you want to dip your finger in that glaze and lick it off!!!




the police directed traffic around the take out line for 2 solid days

got to lick those fingers


 


No comments: