Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesdays with MeMe didn't happen today

This Happened today

I was on Highway 63 ( I call it the mine road).

I was about a mile past Shiver De Freeze Road
just starting down the hill.
It was so fast. Out of no where something landed on my car and the
hood flew up and covered the windshield.
The impact knocked me into the oncoming lane but luckily
no one was coming. As I threw on the brakes, in that split second, I could see out the very bottom of the windshield and I saw the deer.
It was falling back down onto the motor of my car. It
hit, bounced and hit the front of the car for a third time.
The poor deer then began rolling down the hill in front of me as I tried to find a way to get off the road with the hood still covering my windshield.

The front and both sides of my car are smashed.
The radiator is pushed in.
Basically, the whole front of my car is a goner.
John and the tow truck driver pulled the hood down.
That was when it was obvious .....
The deer jumped onto my hood!

The deer was a nice size young buck.
One of it's horns broke off on my car.

John was in Lamar County. When he got there we walked back up the hill and found the beginning of the deer hair and the spot of impact. The deer jumped from a high bank
that was right next to the road.

There were so many things that could have gone wrong.
But, they didn't.
I am shook up but unhurt
and
I am thankful!

14 comments:

ChrisJean3 said...

Thank goodness you weren't hurt!!

Amanda McCrory said...

Wow how Exciting...but only because your ok.....I bet the whole time you were thinking I have got to call Kim and Tell her I won't be there to get the kids......your poor little car, Good thing it didn't hurt them silly looking handels we roll the windows down with that the Grandkids did not know what was. HA HA I am so glad your not hurt in any way....Love you Ms Joy oh and My dad always told me when I was younger to never go the mine road...but I always do.

The Cannons said...

Glad you're ok.:)

Joy said...

You are right Amanda. The first call I made was to Kim.

Raegan & Caleb said...

Wow. So glad you are safe.

Courtney Long said...

wow - the obama car looks a lot like his healthcare plan. im so glad you're ok, mom!! our world doesn't work without you in it!!
love you.

kimberly t. bowling said...

courtney's comment made me laugh at the front end, because when I read the post I was thinking of the "obama" name you gave the car..and his healthcare plan is so bad that might be why even the deer are contemplating jumping into oncoming traffic!! And then, on the back end of her comment, she made me get a little teary eyed....so sweet to hear your kids say things like that...and it's the truth!! :)

Glad you were only shook up...what a scarey moment...now you know what those NASCAR drivers feel when they wreck and parts go flying everywhere!! :)

Kim Lawson said...

So I guess it's definitely the Yukon for the trip to see Wizard of Oz, huh? ;) Really glad you are ok!

Joy said...

Yep, it will be a Yukon trip...but that was the reason we bought it. The Yukon is the "we got grandkids and are proud of it" vehicle. The Obama is the... hey, "we are free and let's go" vehicle! Love them both!

Celebration Longs said...

Wow! Thankfully you were not injured. Courtney is right...we need our moms!!!

The Deavours Family said...

so glad you are ok Mrs. Joy!!!

Shelley Michaels said...

We are so glad you are ok. We prayed for you on Wednesday night. That is a bad road for deers. We saw them alot during our basketball season.

Joy said...

Thanks, Shelley!

hicksfamilycircus said...

so glad you are ok!!