Monday, March 8, 2010

Where Have I Been

I have been wandering around in Internet limbo. For the last 10 days my Internet has had a mind of it's own. Two days of that time it refused to let me on line. The rest of the time I was lucky to be able to pull up anything! I guess that is the price you pay to live in the country.

One of those days I was on the Shutterfly site. I was trying to get a book completed before the free shipping expired. I was trying to upload pictures. It was taking forever and many times I got the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the page". John heard me grinding my teeth. I actually timed uploading one picture and it took 21 minutes and I felt lucky!


So, I got very discouraged. I spent the past weekend at Courtney's house
While Lawson was napping
I decided to try to upload pics to the Shutterfly site
I tried one picture
It took 5 seconds
Then I tried 10 pictures at once
Less than a minute
Wow
I worked on Shutterfly all weekend
Anyway
I have a few pictures from the last 10 days in my life

Another Tuesday with MeMe

Emma sent me a text and asked me to make
a smoothie for a after school snack.
So, I got a recipe off the Internet and
bought the needed ingredients
Abby and John Brady helping get
the ingredients ready

Emma adding an ingredient
Abby and John Brady did not like the smoothie
but
Emma and MeMe did!
The following Friday I went to Birmingham to go
to a consignment sale, at Asbury Methodist, for Courtney.

She could not go until she was through with her
conference calls and by then all the
good things would be gone.
After the sale I went and picked up Lawson
and we went to the Zoo.

MeMe's learn quickly
What did I learn?
Make sure you have quarters when you
go to the zoo
You have to have quarters to get food to
feed the animals
So.....
I put a quarter in the food machine and told
Lawson not to open it up until I could
help him
What did Lawson do?
He opened it up and spilled all of it
So....
I got out another quarter
and emptied a Ziploc bag to put the food in
and started over
This big fellow thought he was the boss
and I guess he was
he ate most of our food

Lawson loved feeding the
"Mingos"

This area is closed
They are building an African Safari area
This spot had a concession stand at the top of the hill
with Monkey Island in front of it when
I was a little girl

I was in Birmingham again this weekend to
stay with Courtney and Lawson while
Dave was gone on a trip. I took Lawson to
Heardmont Park. This is my favorite park. It has great play equipment and a stream that runs through it that Lawson loves.


Lawson found a stick while we were walking. I guess
it must have been the perfect stick because he went into his own little play world with that stick.
He was pretend spraying everything in the park. I asked what he was spraying and he said
"bolly boil". I asked if he said olive oil and he firmly told me "no,
I spraying bolly boil".
He is spraying under the bridge with bolly boil in the picture

Pop came up Saturday
John needed to go to the Bass Pro Shop. He had
some gift cards burning a hole in his pocket.
Lawson went with us. Lawson and John Brady love Bass Pro.
Lawson told us on the way there that he was going to see fish, deers (as he says it),
and steps.
Pops told Lawson he could have a prize. He picked some Cotton Candy.
Lawson has never had cotton candy and he wanted to eat it on
the way home. We told him he had to wait until we got home. As it turned out he did not get to eat it that night.
So....
first thing Sunday morning
Lawson climbs on the dryer, finds the cotton candy
and digs in
Is there anything any cuter than a toddler boy in
scuffed toe white shoes
Another Tuesday with MeMe
It was cold outside
so...
Wii it was
Abby doing her reading homework

*******I started this post at 1:00 PM today and it has taken me
8 hours to get it up due to my Internet*******

4 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Bless your heart, but I know exactly how you feel. My brother and Temple say looking up things here on our computer at home is like watching paint dry.... :)

By the way, I love a good smoothie! Maybe we should have those poolside this year at the Lawson cabana??? ;)

Maryalice said...

I totally feel your pain. :D

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Mrs. Joy, This is kind of embarrassing to admit but Kyler and I have two internet connections. A wild blue satellite internet connection for browsing the internet and a centurylink dsl connection for our Netflix Instant Movie downloads. We love our satellite connection but since it isn't a constant internet connection you would get interuptions when watching a movie.

I love the update! It looks like your have been having fun :)

Joy said...

Jennifer....that sounds interesting. Hey, when you live in the country you do what you have to do!