Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tuesdays With MeMe

John Brady

Tuesday afternoon the girls were getting ready to go to Dance class with Kim
Brady was attending a meeting at Northport Elementary
about the upcoming Disney World trip and performance

John Brady was not happy that he was being left at home with MeMe
So......
I offered to take him to Wal Mart
and
Kim offered him his Wal Mart gift card to spend
(He won the gift card for placing in the art contest a few weeks ago)

John Brady and I took off to Wal Mart
I allowed him to go down every aisle in the toy department
as slowly as he wanted
(I asked a employee to check the card amount for us...$15.00)
I had decided to make up the difference if he picked something over $15.00
up to $10.00

First JB3 picked a game
Yes sirree, this was it

As we walked on to get out of the toy department
I heard the UUH OOHH
and as I turned around
he was putting down the game and picked up another toy
Is that it I asked
Yes, I want this
Okay, we'll get that then
Let's go get the two things MeMe needs
Okay....as we are walking out of the toy department
with JB3 about two steps behind me
and then
UUH OOHH
I recognized the sound
and again
JB3 put down the toy and picked up
what could only be described as fun but
a throw away as quick as possible toy
I am not sure what you called this toy or even if you would call it a toy
It is a little water aquarium
you drop moon sand into the water
and it makes castle like designs
I knew his Mama was going to be so proud

So...
JB3 tucked it under his arm and we started out of the toy department
Can you guess......
UUH OOHH
I look back and he has stopped at a display of some little
transformer looking toys
they were not transformers
I think they were something like
Dragun?
Anyway.....He was amazed
I asked if he knew about them
No...but he was interested
Now....the toy he had finally decided on was
only $12.88
So
I told John Brady that I would buy him one of these
little toys since he could totally pay for his toy
with his gift card
We found one of the little transforming toys
that was in my up to $10.00 price range
JB3 was a happy camper

We took off for the groceries section
MeMe found what she needed
and
we headed to check out

As I was putting my two items up to be checked out
I told JB3 to hand me his game
As I looked at him I realized that
He was holding the toy I was buying in one hand
and
the gift card in the other hand
but no toy that he had took so much time picking out
I asked
John Brady, where is your toy that you are buying
with your gift card???
He replied
I put it down back there
Oh, No
We'll go back and get it
No, said John Brady
Why, asked MeMe
and here it is

I'm just going to get this toy that you are paying for
and
I am saving my gift card

There you go
One smart boy

6 comments:

Matt and Jana Sprouse said...

Ha Ha!! That sounds like my boys!!

Celebration Longs said...

Ha!! I loved the story! He is one smart boy!

Kim Lawson said...

He takes after me! ;)

The Deavours Family said...

That sounds like me! You are a smart boy JB!

Kim Lawson said...

Yesterday I took him to exchange a pair of flip flops for a larger size. He decided he wanted some cool light up skechers instead. I said no, it will soon be summer and you will not want to wear those plus you have 2 pairs of light up tennis shoes already. He said I will wear them and take them off and put on flip flops when I go to the pool. I said no again. He got mad and I started to front of the store to just return the flip flops muttering something under my breath the whole way. He was whining and crying and then he said ok, I want the flip flops. Smart boy decided he would rather have something rather than nothing!

courtney said...

This story cracks me up. JB3 is always thinkin'