Tuesday, August 13, 2013

COUSIN CAMP #2

 
 
GIRLS
 
 
We had the girls Cousin camp this past weekend.
      I loved it.......that may be because I am a GIRL! granted....a old one but we                                     still love the same things.
 
I picked up Emma and Abby Thursday afternoon and
we headed to Oak Mountain to spend the night with Lily.
 
I wish I could have captured the look on Lily's face when she saw Emma and Abby
walk through the door. This little girl loves her cousins. She was so excited that she was just silly.
She sat down on the fireplace hearth and patted and told Emma and Abby....'mon.


It was already past Lily's bedtime when we got there. After running around the house chasing each
other for about 30 minutes....Lily went down without a peep.

After Lily was asleep...I loaded up  the girls and we went to Brewster's and got
some ice cream.
Our late night Cousin Camp treat! Shh.....don't tell Lily!

ZOO

Friday morning we did the Lily part of Cousin Camp....the Zoo.
Really, everybody in our family loves the Zoo.
Sorry for all the pics but they were just too cute not to post.

 

 

Lily was a little scared of the birds but Emma and Abby loved feeding them. we had to go back and buy
more food




 
 




 



Riding the train

 



Emma and Abby loved the DINO adventure but Lily wasn't too sure about it!

the girls loved the butterflies.....I just had to watch Lily and
keep her from stomping on them!

 
PEDI
 
After the Zoo we went to a nail shop and got the girls
a pedicure for back to school
 


 
We headed to Ross Bridge to check in and cool off.
the girls wanted to eat Mexican so we met Courtney at
Cocina Superior
at Brookwood Village.
After supper
Courtney took Lily home. She was so sad.....she kept motioning to
Emma and Abby saying.....'mon
I think Emma and Abby were sad she left, also. I told them
maybe she would be old enough to stay with us next year!
But........
they didn't seem to miss her as much after they got
to go night swimming at the Ross Bridge pool. I love
watching my girls have a good time. The pool wasn't crowded
and was all kids. They quickly made friends on the pool slide and swam
for about an hour and a half.
 

 
 The girls and I headed up to the room, got showers and
laid in bed and watched tv. Abby and I decided we were thirsty......
this was when I really missed John......he always takes care of me. We were already in our PJ's
and when we walked to the machines , right down the hall, it wouldn't take our dollars.
So, we got ice and had water!!!
Later, during the night when my Mexican dinner woke me up I
was really missing John. He would have gotten me an alka seltzer!
 
MORNING
We ordered room service as our last
Cousin Camp fun thing
 

 
 
Ummmm......this was sooo good....Shrimp and grits with asparagus and tomato gravy

 
After breakfast we got dressed checked out and headed home.
and guess what
haven't had this happen in years
a lesson in humility
sitting on the side of the road watching everybody drive by
I RAN OUT OF GAS
Luckily
we were just a few miles from home
Brady came and rescued us!
 
I declare Cousin Camp a success
Already thinking of things to do next year
 
If you have suggestions I would love to hear them!
 
 
 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Joy! Looks like you girls had a great time! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com