Thursday, May 14, 2009

Babies...Babies...Babies!






I love reading the blogs that are written by my "kids". I don't mean the blogs Kim and Courtney write, they are my absolute favorites, I am talking about the kids I have known their whole life and they grew up with my kids. One of the blogs I check everyday and sometimes more than once a day is written by Krisha Deavours. Now, I have only known Krisha for a few years but she is one of those truly sweet people that you feel you have always known. Krisha is married to Dan. I have known Dan since the day he was born. Krisha and Dan are expecting TWINS. Dan's mom Wanda has been a part of my life for 35 years. I told her the other day that she was catching up with me on the Grandchildren count in one big swoop. You see, Dan's sister, Holley, has a little boy, just had a baby girl and Wanda is anxiously waiting for her twin granddaughters. So, of course, I thought about the many pictures I have of Dan. Let me tell you.....Dan was one of the cutest toddlers you ever laid your eyes on. He had a cherubic face and golden blonde hair. I have seen a few pictures of Krisha, when she was a little girl, on her mother's blog. So I think these two little girls will be beauties! I think twins are so exciting! My niece, Michele (she has twin girls), is laughing at me right now. Nobody imagined that the crew in the pictures would have 8 children by 2009!


THEN...... I would love to know what Brady and Dan are talking about.

THEN......Brady Lawson, Dan Deavours, Shelba Pendley holding Courtney Lawson and Holley Deavours.


6 comments:

Lana said...

Those are the kids that I remember!!

The Deavours Family said...

That was sweet Mrs Joy, we both got a very big smile from reading this post! We love you!

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

Speaking as the other grandmother for the twins, I can't wait to see how much they will resemble Dan and Krisha. Naturally, I think Krisha was the most beautiful baby in the world (just as I'm sure Wanda thought the same about Dan.) However, since the girls will be a mixture of both of them......they will be beyond beautiful! HA.
I also loved seeing the picture of Shelby! (I worked with her in Millport in 1979/1980! I love her to death!)

The Cannons said...

These are so sweet Mrs.Joy. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one so "Memories Crazy" afterall. I think it's great you have all these stashed away and are sharing them with us.

Courtney Long said...

wonder what that magnolia tree looks like now. is this in shelby's yard?

Unknown said...

Love the memories! It made us smile to see Granny Evelyn!!!