Saturday, May 9, 2009







THEN and NOW
We celebrated Lawson's actual birthday, Thursday, May 7th, with a trip to the Zoo. Pop and Meme gave him a membership as a birthday present. I love the Zoo and I know that it isn't the greatest of zoos but as the saying goes "it's my zoo" and I love it anyway. I have memories of going to the zoo when I was a little girl living in Birmingham. We would make the rounds. Go to the zoo, then Vulcan, and later the Botanical Gardens. Also, I have memories of taking my children and especially of the many field trips I help chaperone. Lawson is always happy when he is somewhere that we can let him walk-run ahead of us. Run is exactly what he did and he crashed after about an hour and a half of full steam ahead. THEN----the zoo 30 years ago----Michelle Lowrey, Brady Lawson, Evelyn Lowrey holding Andy Lowrey and Sandra Lowrey holding Courtney Lawson. Now----Dave, Courtney and Lawson Long.
















1 comment:

Courtney Long said...

glad you were able to get the picture to expand! the choo-choo train seems nicer 30 years ago. thanks for the zoo membership and for all your help with Lawson's party. love you!