Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Do You Remember......... STRETCH ARMSTRONG


I was reminiscing as I was watching John Brady play yesterday afternoon. I don't have a lot of time to think with three little Lawson's running around and always asking questions but he did make me think of his Daddy. This picture was made right after Christmas 1978. Brady got the Stretch Armstrong for Christmas and I can remember it being one of Brady's and John's favorite toys. Seeing how far they could make Armstrong stretch was a nightly ritual. They actually did stretch "ole" stretch until he refused to stretch anymore but it took several months. When he finally quit stretching they couldn't wait to open him up and look inside. Brady is about three months younger than John Brady in this picture.




THEN AND NOW......Stretch Armstrong did come back a few years ago. It didn't seem to be the hit it was back in 78. I guess he needed to do something that required batteries! Notice John's shoes and shirt...both are back again...sadly John's thick black hair is gone and I doubt we will ever see it again! Well, maybe not sad the beard is gone.









5 comments:

Joy said...

Well, I still managed to get some things wrong. Maybe I will learn!

Kim Lawson said...

John Brady got his smile from his Daddy that's for sure!!! But I think he might have gotten his big feet from me!

Courtney Long said...

very cute, mom. i think the quality of the picture of a picture is actually pretty decent.

hicksfamilycircus said...

I'm excited to see what you come up with. Cute picturs. Just like I remember Uncle John and Brady.

Amanda McCrory said...

So glad to see that you have started blogging. It takes awhile to get the hang of things but I know you'll do great! Looks good so far.