Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tuesdays with MeMe

John bought me a new "little" car last week. I am calling my new car "my Obama". Why, you ask. We bought this car through the "cash for clunkers" program. I hate driving my Yukon when I am by myself. It feels like I am pulling a weight behind me all the time. Now, we need that Yukon often, so I love it for when we have 4 kids and 2 car seats. This Hyundai Accent is so much fun to drive while shopping.

I picked the kids up from school in the new car. They had not seen it. When I pulled up to get them at the first school I could read Abby's lips......that's not my MeMe. Then on to the next school to get Emma and again I read her lips......that's not my MeMe's car! I convinced them by my frantic waving that I was indeed their MeMe. After everyone was buckled in and we started down the road the questions began. Then came the question that nearly made me pull over........MeMe, What is this?

MeMe---It rolls the window down
Emma---Really?
MeMe---Yes
Emma---Can I try it?
MeMe---Yes
Emma---just turn it?
MeMe---Yes
Emma--- rolls the window down
Emma---This car is cool. What else does it do.
MeMe---roll the window up
Abby---John Brady, roll your window down
JB3---How
Abby---I'll do it
MeMe---roll the window back up, John Brady, it makes me nervous for you to be by an open window
JB3---How do you do it
Abby---I'll do it
Abby---How?
MeMe---Boy, do I feel old!

8 comments:

Raegan & Caleb said...

Mrs. Joy, that's to funny. Caleb and I both had a good laugh. Things have changed a bit.

courtney said...

haha - that's funny about the window. like the car!

Unknown said...

Too funny!

Kim Lawson said...

Hee hee!! I knew about the manual windows in your Obama, but it didn't cross my mind that the kids had never seen those. Now THAT is pretty funny!

The Cannons said...

Oh my goodness, We have all laughed so much! Levi didn't know what it was either. That is so funny.

ChrisJean3 said...

Too funny Mrs. Joy!! It's sad to say, but I don't know if Whit would know what it was and she's 17!!!

kimberly t. bowling said...

funny stuff...a manual window...and the kids were amazed!! :) I think Temple needs to get me an Obama car too...too late now I guess!!:)

hicksfamilycircus said...

That is funny I don't care who you are or what kind of car you drive. An Obama or not!