Monday, September 21, 2009

Raining in "Biblical" proportions

I heard this statement made by an ESPN announcer during the Alabama game Saturday. It has been raining in biblical proportions in Alabama this week. The Auburn game had not even been on yet! Did you see that rain coming down at 7:00? But you know football fans in the state of Alabama.... a little (err... lot of ) rain won't stop us!

I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. I am sure that God has a plan for all this rain and we may or may not ever know what is his reason. That having been said..........

I am so tired of rain!

The only sunshine I saw this weekend was in the smiles of my grand babies.

Mother Nature has been decorating my yard this week

I went out to take one or two pictures of the mushrooms and discovered
all the different varieties









Bailey seems to be tired of the rain and Labs love water!

You know that I live in the country so I will put an alert on my blog if I see animals running by in twos!


7 comments:

ChrisJean3 said...

Lord, makes you wonder how Noah felt, doesn't it??

kimberly t. bowling said...

Love your mushroom collection...I don't think our yard has as many varities as yours. And they just make me realize, yet again, how fascinating the Lord's ways truly are.....most people only think of "those brown pieces in their risotto" when you say mushroom.

I say those people need to take a look at your blog....or at the beautiful God made world around them.

hicksfamilycircus said...

Well we were one of those many fans at that epically wet AU game but we managed to stay dry! The mushrooms are crazy!! We did have a little Smurf village near our house last week growing in one of our neighbor's yards.

Lana said...

Ditto on Kim's post!

Unknown said...

Wow, you've got quite a crop there Ms. Joy. Our preacher said Sunday he had spoken with Noah and he had room for us on the ark.

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

We have quite the mushroom collection too! However I am not enjoying them that much due to my fear of Olivia picking and eating them :)

Love the blogs new look by the way.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I had thought of that also. Luckily Law hasn't been here since they appeared. I also thought back to when my boys would go out in the yard and kick up all the muchrooms and one variety would spread a dust like substance in the air.
Joy