Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Guard Lizard

We have always had lots of lizards around our house. They love to hide behind the window shutters, hide in my ferns, and they really love the pool house. It seems like everywhere I walk around our house I see a lizard sunning or a little head will pop out to look at me. Sunday, as I was about to go in the front door of our house after church, I went to put my hand on the door handle and realized there was a lizard sitting inside the crook of the handle. I put everything down and looked close......and the little bugger didn't move. It turned its head and looked at me but didn't look a bit phased that I was an inch away. So, I took my camera out of my purse and took a picture. I could swear I saw a lizardy smile as the flash went off. I just didn't have the heart to shoo him away so.......I gathered up my purse, Bible , umbrella and the bag with G-Mama's dirty clothes.....wobbled back down the brick steps in my Sunday heels, walked up the uneven stone walk and went in the backdoor. I guess that is what you do when you have a lizard guarding your front door!

4 comments:

ChrisJean3 said...

Cute!! Of course my sister and Mother would have died!! They are deathly afraid of lizards...and we, like you...have them everywhere!!

Cassie said...

I am not really afraid of lizards... but had I not noticed it and put my hand on it when it would undoubtedly squirm away quickly... I would have seriously lost it!

Kim Lawson said...

hmm, john brady would have liked that big fella!

hicksfamilycircus said...

He looks so comfy there too! We have lots of them and our dog loves to chase them. I don't mind them as long as they leave me alone! The thought of grabbing that handle and touching him makes my skin crawl.