Sunday, January 24, 2010

Eating Healthy....has a price!

I pick my grand kids up from school every Tuesday. Well, at least three of them. I love my Tuesdays with them. It started out that my friends nicknamed Tuesday as "Emma Day". I was the only one with grandchildren and they all knew that I couldn't do anything on "Emma Day" so they planned around me. Of course, time has passed and now I pick up Emma, Abby and John Brady and "Emma, Abby and John Brady Day" is a little too much.

We always go and get a snack or get something to bring home. This year the girls have "dance" at 6 on Tuesday. They are hungry for a snack after school but they also have to eat supper before dance practice. So, I have been trying to make sure we get something healthy and I try to buy it before I pick them up so they will have more "down time" at home.

Last Tuesday I was in Wal Mart right before time to get in the car line at school. I picked up a small basket of strawberries ( $3.78 ). I thought that was a little high to get two baskets so I decided to get some grapes. I had already picked up some light cool whip for them to have with their fruit. You got to give them a little taste of sweet right after school! I didn't weigh the grapes. I just got one bunch.

I think the cashier noticed my surprised look on my face when she gave me the total. That one (what I would call )"average" bunch of grapes were $7.27.

What did I learn from this

Next time I will buy two baskets of strawberries!

1 comment:

kimberly t. bowling said...

I so love that is is titled "Emma Day"....and that your friends KNOW it, and plan accordingly! :)