Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tuesdays with MeMe

Truthfully, this was actually Wednesday. The Daddy of one of Brady and Kim's best friends passed away....so, I kept the kids Wednesday, that way I could go to the funeral home Tuesday night and Kim could also go to the funeral Wednesday. After all, I do truly believe that it takes a village to raise a well rounded child. So we all, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles do a little dance around those precious children to accommodate what is going on in their life.

So, Wednesday after I picked the kids up from school, we had a quick snack and took Emma to her riding lesson. We hung around there for about 30 minutes. It was such a pleasant day with just a little breeze blowing. The stables have a covered place where you can sit and watch the lessons and relax in a wooden swing. We just enjoyed the day for a while.

Then it was time to take John Brady to his swimming class at the Alabama Rec Center. Of course, the minute I step on campus my whole outlook on life seems to get brighter. I love all things Alabama.That is JB3 in the right corner of the pool with his instructor.
Learning different swimming strokes

Now, Abby and I were over in the opposite corner. Abby was playing on my iPhone and I was taking pictures of John Brady with my camera. Of course, I did not notice this very well muscled young man until I blew up my pictures! (not that old yet!)

Abby wasn't interested in JB3's swim lesson or the well muscled man right in front of her. Woo Hoo......not looking forward to the day when that will change!






2 comments:

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

Aren't grandchildren the greatest gifts from above!!!!

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Thanks for the "eye candy" in this post. I'm sure it won't be too long Emma and Abby will be noticing :)

I love it when you post about it taking a village to raise a child. Such a wonderful idea and so true :)