Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hey, let's eat here!

HOT & HOT FISH CLUB
John and I had a gift certificate for the Hot & Hot Fish Club. It was about to expire so since John took off work to go to Abby's graduation we thought it would be a good time to go on to Birmingham and dine there. We had been told to try and get a reservation at the "Chef's Counter" and we were lucky to get that.
Oh my, it was wonderful. Sitting at the counter is like having a dinner show while you eat and the food is great!
 
our view of the chefs

squash blossom appetizer

boudin appetizer

my marinated shrimp over summer salad entree
I didn't get a picture of John's monk fish entree

my dessert

John's dessert

The next day
SAW'S SOUL KITCHEN
I remember going to Avondale when I lived in Birmingham. We would go to a big fabric store over there but that was really the only reason I remember going to Avondale. Well, we have a really good reason to go now! Meredith Jones, talked about this place and you can like it on FB. It was great. A, to die for, Saw's Burger and unbelievable onion rings!
You must go!!!


No comments: