Friday, December 4, 2009

RETRO ALABAMA

John and I went to the same high school in Birmingham. That is
where we met. I was in the band and he played football.
Tyrone King, who played for Alabama in the 70's, also went to school with us. Of course, he was an outstanding football player and person!
Here, you can see pictures of him from my annual.
We were always so proud to see him on the field.
So, you can guess how proud we were to see the picture below on the front page of The Tuscaloosa News.

Yes, that is Tyrone's son playing for the Crimson Tide & celebrating the 2009 Iron Bowl victory!


Another little retro spot
Lawson is wearing an Alabama shirt that his Mom
wore when she was little

1 comment:

The Cannons said...

Now I have argument why I'm keeping all that stuff in the attic. I just know one day my grandchildren will be able to wear at least 1 piece of it!ha