Monday, August 9, 2010

Praying Mantis

It seems like there were a lot more interesting
insects back when I was a little girl
We were always playing with some kind of
interesting bug
or
at least watching one if we were scared of it

A praying mantis
is one of those insects that I remember
being plentiful when I was little
It has been a long time since I can remember seeing
a praying mantis
Now
all of you could possibly see these insects more often that I do
Living in the country
around planted fields
that get sprayed regularly
could easily affect the number of insects
we see
But
anyway
Lawson
along with his MeMe
was so excited over this
Praying Mantis
and I thought the
Praying Mantis
just looked bewildered at all the
activity going on in the yard
Look at it
it just looks
aggravated!





3 comments:

courtney said...

cool pictures!

sue said...

You know, Noah had a praying mantis for a pet (for about a month until he bit the dust). He told me that it was all his pet - not mother's or daddy's too. He kept it in what I suppose was a cricket box and would take it out and carry it around or let it run on the grass. Named Mr. Mantis (creative huh). I got all of the details of this pet when he was home this time.

kimberly t. bowling said...

I think these creatures are so peculiar, yet I can't help but stare at them in awe every time I see one..and take pictures of them too! :)