Saturday, August 13, 2011

Worth the time

YMCA swimming lessons

Lawson has turned into a "little fish" this summer. He has always loved to be in the water but now he can really swim. I love watching my grand kids turn into swimmers. I was never and I am still not a "swimmer". I was not around water when I was young so it just never "took". I can get from one end of the pool to the other but you would not be able to identify what I was doing! I was determined that my children would be swimmers and divers and they were. John has always been a good swimmer and diver. I remember when we built the pool....John's Daddy, Paw Paw, came to visit and in his 70s did the most amazing dive off the diving board. Lawson took swimming lessons at the 280 YMCA this summer and he is swimming and diving great. Enjoy the pictures of his swimming debut at MeMe and Pops pool.







1 comment:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Rivers and Walt took swimming lessons at the Y when we lived in Gadsden...wonderful to see kids able to swim. I aboslutely LOVE that pic of Lawson with his eyes open underwater with a little grin! (I've got to get me one of those underwater cameras) And the sweet one of him resting! :)